WHAT PROCEDURES DOES AN ENDODONTIST PROVIDE THAT A DENTIST CAN’T?
If you’re experiencing extreme tooth pain that a routine filling doesn’t cure, or have a cracked or injured tooth, your dentist may suggest you see an endodontist. As specialists in saving teeth, endodontists have two or more years of advanced training above and beyond dental school. Endodontists diagnose tooth pain and perform procedures related to the inside of your teeth, including:
- Root canal treatment
- Root canal re-treatment (when necessary)
- Vital pulp therapy
- Pulp regeneration
- Treatment of cracked teeth and traumatic injuries
- Pediatric endodontics for children of all ages
What if I have dental phobia and am anxious about root canal treatment?
While root canal treatment has historically been synonymous with an uncomfortable and unpleasant experience, the fact is that the combination of advanced technology and sedation dentistry has made the procedure as easy as getting a regular filling! At Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC, our skilled team of endodontists, anesthesiologists and dentists utilize state-of-the-art equipment, such as:
- 3D imaging via CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) for unmatched precision in imaging and treatment.
- Digital x-rays that provide up to 90% less exposure to radiation than conventional x-rays.
- The latest in microsurgical endodontics, including a dental operating surgical microscope for unprecedented magnification and accuracy.
We also offer a variety of sedation dentistry options, including:
- Nitrous oxide
- Oral sedation
- IV sedation
- General anesthesia
For your added convenience and peace-of-mind, we have a state-of-the-art operating room in our office, which is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF.org) – just like any accredited hospital or outpatient surgery center. In addition, we have an anesthesia machine to perform General Anesthesia when required.
Contact Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC
For the best-of-the-best in endodontic treatment and procedures, contact Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC, where the root of our practice is unsurpassed care, compassion and comfort!