WHAT ARE THE RECOMMENDED INSTRUCTIONS AFTER ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
After endodontic procedures, including root canal treatment, your physician will give you a set of instructions to follow. Following are some general instructions we commonly recommend for our patients at Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC:
- Once your endodontic treatment is completed, the root canal system will be permanently sealed, but the outer surface will be sealed with a temporary restoration. A follow-up restoration must be placed to protect your tooth against fracture or decay. We will make sure your records are sent to your restorative dentist for the follow-up appointment.
- Your tooth may be tender for several days as a result of the manipulation during the treatment. Unless instructed otherwise, you may begin taking anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen, Advil or Motrin. We will provide you with a written list for doses and frequency before you leave our office.
- Avoid eating, chewing or drinking hot foods or beverages until numbness has completely dissipated. In addition, do not use alcohol or recreational drugs while you’re taking pain medication for treatment of your tooth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water (one-half teaspoon of table salt to one glass warm water). Repeat two to three times a day, for one week.
- You may brush and floss your teeth as usual.
- Post-operative infections are not very common. However, if one does occur we will prescribe an antibiotic.
- Should pain become severe, swelling develop, or any other condition occurs that causes you concern, contact our office at your earliest convenience.
Our skilled and friendly team at Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC is also happy to help you with any questions you may have regarding our financial policy, insurance information and more. We want to make the affordability of our services as convenient and comfortable as the treatment itself!
Contact Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC
For the best-of-the-best in endodontic care for all ages, contact Upper East Side Endodontists in NYC, where the root of our practice is unsurpassed care, compassion and comfort!