We Are Now Open for you in NYC & Southampton
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months and we’re all looking forward to safely resuming our normal habits and routines. Yesterday, Governor Cuomo authorized dental offices to resume treating patients for all elective procedures effective today, June 1st, 2020. We are pleased to announce our new office location in Southampton which will be staffed by our NYC doctors year-round. Starting immediately, you may schedule appointments at both our offices on Park Avenue or in Southampton.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant…our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as we continue to deliver the safest and highest level of care and treatment. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). Since our facility is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), our guidelines are also consistent with all AAAASF guidelines that hospitals and outpatient surgery centers must follow. These practices include:
- The use of bactericidal and virucidal solutions to destroy pathogens while disinfecting surfaces around the office.
- The use of barrier protection on frequently touched surfaces.
- Our HVAC system, which circulates the air in the office, is equipped with three ultraviolet (UV) lights. This UV HVAC methodacts to remove particulates and allergens out of the air. It also kills bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and other airborne toxins.
- We have also installed HEPA H13 filters with UV lights in treatment rooms throughout our offices.
In addition, we have implemented the following changes to protect our patients and staff:
- The office will communicate with you before your appointment regarding your health and possible symptoms that are associated with COVID-19.
- Once you enter the office,you’ll be required to wear a mask at all times except while in a treatment room.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer when you check in at the front desk.
- You will be given a complimentary bottle of hand sanitizer. We ask that you first use this as soon as you approach our front desk.
- If you wish to watch TV during your treatment, please bring your own headphones as we will no longer be providing them to patients.
- To maintain adequate social distancing:
- We will only allow a maximum of one person to accompany you to your appointment.
- Appointments will be scheduled to best minimize the number of patients in the office at once.
- You will receive a follow-up text 14 days after your appointment to inquire about your health related to COVID-19.
As a reminder, to reduce time spent in our office, all forms are available online prior to your arrival. We strongly encourage you to utilize this option to maximize efficiency for us all and so that you can be seated promptly.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back along with all of our patients, staff, neighbors, and friends!
Upper East Side Endodontists